During winter, many factors influence the condition of our skin: cold temperature and winds, over-dried atmosphere indoors, and sudden temperature fluctuations when we leave for the outdoors. These contrasts give your skin a good training, but they also hurt it and make it look a little red. Irritation and peeling is common as well. In order to avoid this, you need to help your skin stand against the aggressiveness of weather.
It is widely known that the face reflects the overall condition of the body. All the magic of cosmetologists would be useless if you didn’t follow a healthy lifestyle. So if you want to look better, you should try to give your skin (and yourself) better living conditions and protect it from negative influence.
Lack of vitamins. Winter is the time when our body needs vitamins most. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables (citrus, kiwi, pomegranates). It is also good to support your skin with vitamins which are designed to strengthen the skin tone, hair, and fingernails.
Oxygen starvation and decreasing of the level of physical activities. It is harder to avoid this but still possible. Get rid of laziness and heavy fir coats. Go to open skate rinks and try skiing. By the way, walking will do as well. The most important advice is to follow two main conditions for the health of your skin and body – lots of fresh air and movement.
Central heating. It makes the air dry which affects the skin. If the heating in your house is too strong, buy a humidifier. If the temperature is not too low outdoors, it is preferable to switch the heating system off for the night. You can buy a decorative aquarium and set it on the heating element. The water will evaporate and moisten the air.
If you want to be prepared for cold weather, change your skin care products. Dry skin needs nourishing cream. It is a little more difficult if you have problem skin. On the one hand, winter cream should be denser for giving extra protection; on the other hand, it should not block pores
Mixed skin requires normalized cream (look for a “T-zone” emblem). It helps to protect skin by moistening dry areas and keeping problem areas balanced.
You can buy a special protecting cream. Put it on your face and nothing can frighten you: not cold weather and winds or short runs outdoors. This type of cream lowers skin sensitivity and prevents it from drying
If it is minus 20 outdoors don’t be afraid of using tone cream. Use moisturizing cream for dry skin 20 minutes before applying tone.
For sensitive lips choose moisturizing and nourishing balsam-based wax (bee wax or carnabian), oils (coco oil) and vitamins. It will protect your lips from wind and cold temperatures, as well as soften and heal cracks.
For skin near eye zones, choose products with a cream base, not gel. Cream bases have less water and will not cause peeling in cold weather.
You should pay special attention to your hands. It doesn’t matter how hard we try to protect them, skin gets frost bitten. Two – three times a day, especially after doing dishes, apply nourishing cream. If you spend a lot of time outdoors, use protective cream. It is even better to choose products designed for hands and fingernails.
These rules will help you neutralize side effects of the winter season.
- Apply day cream 30 minutes before going outdoors; if it is very cold outside apply 1 hour before going outdoors. This helps avoid unpleasant feelings like biting and crimping.
- In winter it is better to replace antibacterial masks (having, as a rule, peeling effect) with nourishing and vitamin masks.
- Don’t wash the face with ice cubes too often. Contrasts are good in the summer, however the winter requires more care for the skin.
- Use neutral washing gels or soft peeling creams for cleaning dry and sensitive skin.
- For additional freshening and moisturizing of the skin, sprinkle it with thermal spa water — but not before leaving the house!
- Don’t wash with hot water (it causes skin dehydration). Take a shower with moisturizing gel and then use body lotion.
If you have enlarged capillarieson your face and your skin gets irritated, then it needs additional care in winter. In order to keep it healthy you can use relaxing compresses on a daily basis. After you have removed make-up, put a piece of cloth saturated with warm chamomile brew on the face. Wait till the cloth gets cold then put on your usual evening cream.
- It is important to take into account that skin gets more sensitive in the winter. Therefore, you can use skin care products designed for sensitive skin despite your own type.
- Don’t neglect moisturizing creams:the temperature of skin doesn’t get lower than 32 degrees, so you shouldn’t be afraid of getting frost-bitten.
- After being outdoors for long periods of time, everybody needs recovering procedures. Remove the make- up and put on softening creams. After some time, do your usual skin care routine.
If you use gel-based medical ointments for legs, it is better to replace them with cream-based ointments or to use them before going to bed. Gel based products (both medical and cosmetic), after being affected by cold temperature, cause a peeling effect
Originally posted by:http://www.womanknows.com/skin-care/news/101/